Friday, May 30, 2014

红油抄手 @ Bedok 85

Hi Everyone, its been awhile, today I'll be sharing a szechuan delicacy that I love eating since I first tried it at Bedok 85. I do not know how it originally tastes like, or how awesome it should taste, but the Bedok 85 one definitely pass my standard for richness in taste! And also, from what I recalled, it tasted better than my "virgin" experience with 红油抄手 at Swee Choon dim sum..


Look at this awesome plate of goodness! Doesn't it look so appetizing to you? 8 juicy & succulent dumplings for $4.00! Its like super fat wanton, that is freshly steamed and drenched in those HK kind of sambal chilli oil and vinegar. 



What I love about this dumplings? EVERYTHING!!! Worth the value, spicyness just right for me, sourness as well... What I love even more is their Chinchalok Chilli sauce, that i always add to every bite of my dumpling, along with more vinegar and ginger shreds.. Do beware it is not for the faint hearted, as it may get pretty spicy. (And if you don't know what Chinchalok is, wiki says "is a Malaccan food made of fermented small shrimps or krill.")

I apologize, was too famished yesterday, didn't get to take the photo of the shopfront, but it is quite easy to find, there's only one xiao long bao stall that operates in the row where the famous chai chee porridge and BBQ chicken wings are located, about 2-3 stores to the left of the chicken wing stores, refer to address below:
Block 85 Bedok North Street 4
#01-17 Fengshan Market & Food Centre,
Singapore 460085

XOXO,
CheryL

No comments:

Post a Comment