Sunday, May 18, 2014

Five & Dime Eatery @ River Valley


Here's what my uni-pals and I explored for brunch today! Made a reservation for 6 pax, and got this really cosy corner at the back, beside the barista area. Look at the pretty vintage looking menu, and the awesome table setting!


So these are the drinks we ordered, forgot how much each of them cost, but they were on average between $7-$8 per glass. Green Tea Latte, Ice chocolate, Hot mocha & Hot green tea. I love how they served the hot teas/coffees with cute latte art & 2 pieces of my favourite childhood snacks, Iced Jems Biscuits FTW! I ordered the green tea latte for myself, and its honestly quite comparable with starbuck's version though smaller in quantity at five & dime.

This is the $16 Egg Benny that they have on their menu, and this was what my friend ordered!

And if you are adventurous like me, and don't mind topping up some cash. I added 2 chicken sausage for $5, which I reckon was pretty worth. The sausages were soft and tender, and wasn't too salty, like the usually fried with lots of oil kind, that you get at most restaurants. I reckon they boiled them, and lightly fry the sides  I was surprised that their fruit salad was a little sour, i think they squeezed lemon juice on top. Mesclun was suffiicient and simple. Breakfast potato cubes could use some more seasoning, I paired it with chilli sauce, and it was quite nice. I love soft-boiled eggs, so 2 poached eggs was the best thing I could ever have for breakfast, on a superbly soft, fluffy and warm brioche.

And this is their $22 worth of Big Brekkie, consisting of thick toasts, sauteed mushrooms, baked beans that were superbly flavorful and appetizing (not your usual canned beans), bacon, chicken sausages, and a choice of 2 sunny sides or scrambled egg.

This is their Spinach Tamago at $16, pretty awesome dish if you like the japanese version of tamago.

This French Toast at $15, is not too filling, a good portion for a light brunch at just $15. The butter and the toast was pretty fragrant and fluffy.

Overall, cosy ambience, decent music, decent service and staff, and all their staffs practically say goodbyes and thanks to you when you leave the eatery. Reasonable price for food, good quantity, good taste & pretty pleasant experience.

They are opened everyday, but do take note of the serving times, as different menus are served. Lunch serving is weekdays 12-5pm, Brunch serving is weekends 10am-3pm, Dinner serving is 6-9.30pm and they even have Supper serving only on Friday & Saturday from 10-11.30pm. Do take a look at their menu at http://www.fiveanddime.com.sg/menu.pdf

They are located at 297 River Valley Road, and I suggest taking Bus 32 from Redhill MRT, as it allows you to alight at a bus stop opposite the restaurant within a visible distance of about 5 minutes walk. I highly advise that you make reservations (call: 9236 5002) before turning up to avoid disappointment, as the area isn't very big, and there aren't alot of tables.

No comments:

Post a Comment