Friday, June 6, 2014

Lady M Singapore @ Marina Square

Went to Lady M's very first SG outlet on my grad day with a bunch of friends... And i know this was raving a long while ago, and I'm slow, but either way, here's my review on it.. Here's what we ordered to share! Ranging from $7-8 for a slice, which i reckoned was worth every dollar..


This was my pick, Green tea mille crepes, they say its seasonal, so i guess i was lucky? Superb love with every layer of this crepes, better than the japanese one i bought at ion's basement food hall, thought that was way cheaper.. And if you guys wanna know, the way i ate this was like the nyonya kueh lapis, by the layers. Even for a non-matcha lover like my bf, he loved it as well!

Tried their red velvet as well, it had this alcohol taste in it, couldn't decipher what liquor it was though, but the spongey texture was fluffy enough, and the cream wasn't too thick.. Love the alcohol combi idea..

Tried their strawberry shortcake, and this was just mediocre to me, prolly cause i super love the one that four leaves bakery has! So this kinda fared lower than my expectations largely due to the kind of cream they used.. This had a slight alcoholy taste in it too, again we couldn't decipher, and didn't ask, cause the menu doesn't state alcohol contents..

A friend recommended this, so i ordered this to try too.. Their gateau aux marrons was..........

SUPERBLY INSANELY AWESOME! 

I know the description says almond flour cake with whipped cream and chestnut cream, BUT both my friend I love it, cause we love the teochew dessert ORH-NEE! I seriously have no idea how this cake was baked, but it really tasted like yam paste rather than almond or chestnut... Even though the layers of cream was thick, it wasn't jelat! It was so addictive, it just made me wanna lick the whole plate up and not even leave a single drop of cream...

As much as i'm a dessert appreciator, i'm a tea appreciator as well, can't go without a hot cuppa brewed tea leaves to accompany my desserts! So i ordered an pot of earl grey, and my usual habit is no sugar.. I opened the pot, and to my amazement, its the first time i saw a pot of tea without the tea leaves, so i didn't really know what brand they used.. But this was worth it, priced at $4, 40% cheaper than most SG cafes..

Lé bf ordered this, applewood tomato soup that cost $8, quite worth it for the portion and the quality. Wouldn't mind ordering next time..

They are located at:
Marina Square Shopping Mall
6 Raffles Boulevard #02-103
Singapore 039594
Opening Hours:
Daily 11am to 10pm
I didn't queue for this, but i knew my friend didnt queue long, guess we were lucky? We went on a saturday late afternoon. Would definitely go back to them for my dose of green tea crepes and gateau aux marrons!




No comments:

Post a Comment