Saturday, June 28, 2014

Diandin Leluk @ Golden Mile Complex


2 weeks ago I went to try this thai restaurant that a few food bloggers recommended due to taste and reasonable pricings. Diandin Leluk at level 1 of Golden Mile Complex, pretty findable.



The usual "四大天王" that we see in thailand street stores, but they variate, for this i had chilli powder, peanut powder, sugar, red chilli sauce and fish sauce.. in bkk i ever had cut green chilli sauce and chilli padi etc. When they have this, I sure spam it on my food..




Usual order of Ice thai tea and my lemongrass tea... thai tea was fine, but my lemongrass tea was too sweet! Probably cause I'm used to making my own, and always drink it with zero sugar..





Thai Mango salad, I always like to order this in Thai restaurants, cafes, but bf doesn't share this with me, so end up always left alot... This tasted mediocre, thailand's version at Kalpapruek is nicer, oh and Nara Thai's version also nicer cause they put haebi (dried shrimps) and pomelo bits, so its very fragrant..



Phad thai was mediocre as well, had the chicken version of it.. I'm sure I had better ones in Thailand or even Bukit Timah Hawker Centre's one from the thai food store..



This was alright to me, other places basil chicken tend to be spicier, but this dish still mangeable for me, i added quite alot of chilli flakes and stuffs after that.. XD



Green curry somehow lacked the"strong-ness" in basil and other herbs that I would have liked, but still a nice dish nonetheless... As I ordered too much, we had trouble finishing every other side dish I ordered... :(



Sambal Kangkong was the best, but was a lil on the pricey side? I think even local tzechar stores charge lower than them, this plate costs us $8.. Chilli and spice just right... I used to hate kangkong cause I get choke on it when i was young, the next part is gonna sound disgusting but you can just skip to the next paragraph I guess.. when i was young, didn't know how to chew or eat kangkong properly, everytime i swallow them, half of the length goes down the throat, and the other half of the length still in my mouth, end up having to vomit them out, and everytime i see kangkong i refuse it.. :(


Now for the tom yum seafood soup, well I personally like the spicyness and the sourish taste of this soup, practically drank this on my own... But bf didn't really quite like this, he only had a bowl or two, while I had half a pot... XD However, I still prefer those clear tom yam soup, they look so innocent and clear, but taste so very spicy and pungent!

The only plus point of this restaurant is that it is 24 hours, so anytime can just eat, especially if you are going to genting from golden mile, and your bus ride is in the morning and you wanna grab some thai food for breakfast, or when you're back in the wee hours of the night and you wanna grab some thai food for supper..

Overall, mediocre, don't think I will ever come back to this restaurant again just for Thai food, the price also abit expensive compared to local thai hawker stores or tze char stores, service people also like face not happy to serve like that, but if you guys still wanna try, just refer to address below;

5001 Beach Road, Golden Mile Complex(Main)
#01-67/68/69
Singapore 199588
Tel: 6293 5101 Fax: 6396 5567
Opening Hours: 24Hrs


XOXO,

CheryL

No comments:

Post a Comment