Sunday, June 15, 2014

Lé Petit Paradis @ East Coast

I went cafe-hunting with lé bf yesterday.. Initially, supposed to try some thai café along the east coast road shophouses where alot of cafes are.. But unfortunately, didn't checked their operating hours prior to making our way there, only opened at 5pm.. o.o

So lé bf parked his car at katong plaza, and we crossed over to the row of shophouses opposite to hunt for nice cafés.. Found a decent looking nett price french food café, Lé Petit Paradis, clean, quiet, and cosy with not much customers as we went after lunchtime at around 2+pm..


They had weekend brunch dishes as well as their usual dishes.. Lé bf ordered, duck confit, which turned out pretty nice, crisp skin, juicy and tender meat, with lots of mash potatos, and he loved the rocket salad that accompanied it.. He says that it is comparable to saveur's, just that the portion here is much more.. I loved that they served IBC brand of rootbeer, so I suggested for him to order it, $3 nett..

Wasn't keen on ordering a main as I had a pretty heavy breakfast... Hence i ordered a dessert and hot tea..

They had pretty decent prices for desserts. And the tea was priced reasonably, at $4 nett.. Whereas tiramisu hero charged me like $6 using lipton tea bag when I ordered my usual favourite (earl grey), which in my opinion the price was exhorbitant.. Here, if i'm not wrong, they use gryphon tea bags, which in my opinion is a level higher in quality and taste than lipton's, I ordered osmanthus sencha which in my recollection only gryphon has that exact variant...

For desserts I ordered the Apple Tarte at $7 nett, that came with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream. Freshly prepared & served, i love how they had the cooked apple filling and then topped it up with green apple slices on top, sweet and sour, the tart wasn't too sweet as well, the warm tart combined with a teaspoon of ice cream was a matchmake in heaven.. The only flaw was the chocolate mousse i guess, i didn't like how it tasted with the tart... Though it was so yummy, i "licked" the plate clean... 

Though there wasn't service charge, the service here was pretty decent, probably also cause I was the 1 out of the 2 occupied tables in the restaurant.. I counted and the restaurant has a capacity of about 40pax, so i guess during peak hours, one may expect to queue.. 

I checked that they were intially housed in a coffeeshop just opposite I12 katong when you cross the road, alibaba bar or something, then last year they decided to venture on their own, and opened their own premises... Would definitely come again to try their other dishes..


XOXO,
CheryL

No comments:

Post a Comment