Monday, August 18, 2014

Dolce Tokyo @ Somerset 313



Japnese food makes me pretty happy, whenever i get to see anything on the menu with the word MATCHA!!! So here's a review on them;

Honestly didn't do much of a research when bf and I went there, so we had no idea what was nice and what wasn't.. Bf decided to be safe and ordered their Essential British all Day breakfast dish... I loved their baked beans the most, not your usual canned flavoured ones, this had a home make taste to it.. All else was averagely good... Sausage wasn't too deep fried...


Bf's mango milkshake, apparently quite nice, even more awesome cause it was served with an ice cream on top, so beware not to order too much food, and this will make you feel quite full..


As you guys can already tell, my addiction with tea is quite serious... XD order gen mai cha that was served in an awesomely pretty glass teapot and teacup... The art of tea appreciation, so cute can! tea was awesome, if i remember correctly, i think the menu stated that they used TWG tea leaves, so i guess it was worth my every cent, taste was awesome...






And the highlights for the day is their cakes served in bird cages, as they are known for it.. this is their matcha sesame cake... my verdict? pretty? my answer is yes? nice to eat? =.=||| totally fall out of my expectation, their matcha tasted so artificial, and the match with sesame cream is just meh... Other places mediocre matcha cakes taste way better, but I finished it still... 
Well, I didn't order a main course, so 2 desserts were just right to satisfy me... I ordered a matcha panna cotta,wanted the matcha creme brulee but they went OOS on me :( Panna cotta was awesome, with the somewhat runny green tea sauce, and awesomely sweet red bean... what they could improve on was to make the green tea sauce more creamier stickier texture so that it sticks on to the panna cotta instead of glide off into the bottom of the plate... and the agar could use some taste, it was practically tasteless agar -.-|||

I do not remember how much each of this dish were but i know the cheapest was my panna cotta, and the cake was the most expensive I've eaten for a matcha cake $11.50, price ranges between $5-20+ per dish.. at most only come back here for drinks and mains, not for desserts, quite disappointing... they are located at;

Dolce Tokyo
313 Somerset #03-23 
Singapore 238895 
Tel: 6836 5612
11:30am – 10:30pm (Sun-Thurs)
11:30am – 11pm (Fri-Sat, Eve PH)

XOXO,
CheryL

No comments:

Post a Comment