Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Where to eat shaved ice?

Well, since I've been to 3 shaved ice stores over a period of time, decided that I might as well post them up together on one post, saves the hassle and provide comparisons as well..

First and foremost, one of the crowded dessert stalls located at tanjong pagar located at;
  1. Address: 108 Tanjong Pagar Rd, 088526
    Phone:6220 5012

And well, why so crowded? Cause they have pretty limited seating area as you can already tell..

The exact ingredients to make powerpuff girls... LOL IKR...

Milo shaved ice, regular.

Horlick shaved ice, regular.

Strawberry shaved ice, regular.

Ordered regular size cause most of us were sharing, and mini size doesn't make much economical sense.. they charge 4-5 bucks for mini bowl depending on what you order, and 6-7 bucks for regular bowl.. either way, i think it was way too expensive for such meagre portions, like honestly, i didn't like it, so i wouldn't recommend this at all, but if you guys wanna try for novelty, go ahead... :)

Then I also went to dessertstory at B1 of Tiong Bahru Plaza, I guess i was feeling lazy that day, so i didn't take any awesome pretty photos, but here's the menu taken from their website. I went with a big group of family, about 10 of us, so I pretty much managed to try 3-4 different desserts..


But since this post is about shaved ice, let's talk about it, the only shaved ice i got to try is not in this menu, but I felt was pretty addictive, though sinful at the same time... Chendol shaved ice... the ice was made of lighter coconut milk, and gave generous portions of chendol jelly and sweetened red bean, then drizzled again with kara coconut milk on top, and dollops of gula melaka... Easily the best chendol shaved ice I ever tasted, though its my first with theirs... :)

Next up snow colors dessert bar, at katong plaza, near I12 Katong, located at;
Snow Colors Dessert Bar
#B1-K3 Katong Plaza
1 Brooke Road
Tue to Sun: 9am – 9pm


I think cause i went during non-peak hours, there were not much people, then boss was awesomely nice, supposed to be self-service, but after we ordered, he ask us to seat and he will serve us.. all priced below $6, the portion he gave us for the mango was awesomely good! and the mango cubes were so fresh and sweet, one of the best I've eaten... and LadyIronChef even did a review on their shaved ice waffles, which I should totally try one day... :)


XOXO, 
CheryL

No comments:

Post a Comment