Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Sushi Express @ Westgate

Hi Guys! Its been a long long while, and i'm back this time with lotsa posts :)

I know alot of you have been to Sushi Express for their awesomely cheap sushi that costs $1.50 per plate, and probably don't need my reviews to justify your choice to visit them, but i'll prolly just give a brief on what I ate that i think is good, though they don't always have it everytime i patronize them..

I remembered when I first patronize their first store at citylink mall, i was so amazed by their awesomely big and fresh scallops, almost the size of a lady's fist... Nowadays, i rarely see them on any of the conveyor belts, be it at 313 basement or westgate, even if I do, they are way smaller than they were before...

There was this peculiar dish when I was at westgate, that looked like chicken liver, which after i ate, tasted like rather fishy, like the roe? or that piece of mushy stuff that is always on the rims of the scallop? this was awesome, the sauce they use and the onions made this a very pleasant appetizer..


Awesomely happy that they brought in their own brand of collagen, though the dosage here isn't alot, but $1.50 is still awesomely cheap, and the peach flavour was awesome.. reminds me of bkk and tw days, when collagen drinks when so cheaply priced at their convenience stalls..


























Ever since I tried Amaebi from the old buffet restaurant at cineleisure during our sec sch days, I've always loved them.. But Sushi Express always have difficulty trying to serve me that, they are always not seen on the conveyor belt, and I have to ask for it, and sometimes even after I eat finish, they tell me it is not ready... Even if they have it they take about 0.5-1hr to thaw the prawns before serving it to me... -.-||| you guys should try to ask for this though, 5 pcs worth $1.50 is quite a good deal, compared to most japanese restaurants charging nearly $10 for 10-12 pcs...

























Next up, salmon, way smaller cuts than they used to cut before, abit not worth, but still must eat, otherwise nothing much valuable on the conveyor belt also... haha XD


Cooked Takos, of course this won't taste as flavourful as the ones that are stuck into your takoballs... But octopus is still worth my $1.50... :) there is always the choice of baby seasoned octopus as well :)



Awesome roes! My favourite kind, when you bite on them, they burst! XD

$1.50 for an awesome mini sesame dressing salad, definitely worth the try for those on diet :)
First time trying this, sometimes they have it and sometimes they don't... It some kind of blueberry milk pudding / panna cotta? But damn awesomely nice, love it ttvm... oh and not forgetting their legendary cream puffs, totally must it! ok la, i don't exaggerate, of course they are probably others who serve better cream puffs, but $1.50 for 3 pieces, nothing to hiam about also! XD 






















































yup that's about all for now.. 

XOXO, 
CheryL

No comments:

Post a Comment